Do you want to go blonde?
Have you heard all about how damaging it is? How your hair will be orange? Or even worse that your hair could fall out?
But yet you still have a desire to be blonde?
Well I am here to tell you that going blonde does not need to be all horror stories. You can go blonde, actually enjoy it AND have healthy hair at the end. Here’s how!
- Schedule a consultation with your hairdresser. Let them know your hair goals. Ask what products you should be using to help your hair be as healthy as it can be during this process.
- Get those products and start using them now. Shampoo & conditioner is 80% of your hairs health. Products are going to be vital to keep your hair in the best shape possible.
- When you come to your appointment ask your hair dresser to use a bond builder during this process. A bond builder follows the lightener into your hair cuticle and helps to repair any damage that’s been done. To mention a few- Olaplex, Joico, B3
- Tell your stylist about your blowdryer & smoothing iron. Hairdryers and smoothing irons are the #1 cause of breakage. Heat damage is something to worry about when you go lighter. The quality of your tools does matter. Your stylist will be able to recommend tools that will heat your hair correctly and make sure it won’t cause future breakage.
- Be patient! Expect it to take multiple services and during this time if your stylist makes a suggestion of a hair service you should do to help your hair stay healthy, trust that they have your hairs best interest in mind and that they will get you blonde eventually.
During this process all you have to do is follow your hairdressers instructions. Make sure you have the right hairdresser, who will care about your hairs health and that will tell you what you need to get blonde and keep your hair healthy.