This week we are shining the spot light on Keratin hair extensions! Also known as K-Tips, Keratin hair extensions are a type of hair extension that uses a bonding material made of keratin protein, which is the same protein that hair is made of. Bellami Keratin hair extensions, also have silicone in their keratin bonding material. This allows the bond to cocoon the hair instead of fusing the keratin into the cuticle of the hair, which can make them difficult to remove. The silicone allows for a seamless and damage free removal. The extensions come in individual strands that are attached to the natural hair using a specialized tool that heats up the keratin and silicone bonding material, allowing it to fuse with the natural hair.
Keratin hair extensions are very popular at The Amanda Moncur Salon because they are long-lasting, durable, and natural-looking. They can be styled just like natural hair and can be washed, blow-dried, and straightened without damage. As a Bellami Certified Salon, Bellami is the only brand we use. They offer keratin hair extensions made from high-quality Remy human hair. Bellami keratin hair extensions are known for their thickness, fullness, and seamless blending with natural hair.
One of the biggest advantages of keratin hair extensions is that they are virtually undetectable, even when styled in a high ponytail or updo. They create a seamless and natural-looking transition from the natural hair to the extensions.
Keratin hair extensions are suitable for many people who want to add length, volume, and fullness to their hair. K-Tips might be right for you if you have thin or fine hair and want to add volume and fullness, you have short hair and want to add length, or you have damaged hair and want to add length while allowing your natural hair time to recover. Bellami Keratin Extensions would be great for you because they are
- High quality: Bellami keratin hair extensions are made from 100% Remy human hair, which is considered the highest quality hair. The cuticles are aligned, which makes the extensions look and feel natural.
- Easy to use: Bellami keratin hair extensions are easy to install and remove by a trained stylist using the heat fusion method.
- Versatile: Bellami keratin hair extensions come in a range of colors, lengths, and thicknesses, making them suitable for a wide range of hair types and styles.
- Comfortable: Bellami keratin hair extensions are lightweight and comfortable to wear, and the keratin bond is gentle on the scalp.
- Long-lasting: Bellami keratin hair extensions can last up to 6 months with proper care and maintenance.
- Value for money: While Bellami keratin hair extensions may be more expensive than other brands, they are considered a good investment because they are high-quality, long-lasting, and provide a natural-looking result.
Keratin hair extensions are very intricate and time-consuming to install, requiring a trained professional to apply the extensions. That’s why our extension specialists have gone and continue to go through detailed, prestigious training. K-Tips also require careful maintenance and should be professionally removed to avoid damage to the natural hair.
Here are some tips for maintaining keratin hair extensions:
- Avoid using hair products containing sulfates and alcohol, as they can break down the keratin bond and cause the extensions to slip out. We love the Bangin Extensions product line, designed specifically with hair extensions in mind.
- Brush the hair gently with a wide-toothed comb, starting at the ends and working your way up to the roots, to prevent tangling and matting, twice a day every day. Morning and night!
- Avoid sleeping with wet hair and tie hair up in a low silk scrunchie before going to bed to avoid unnecessary tangling.
- Wash the hair with a sulfate-free, gentle shampoo and conditioner, and avoid getting the shampoo and conditioner on the bond area. Bangin Extensions or Paul Mitchell are our top recommended lines!
- Trim the ends of the extensions every 6-8 weeks to prevent split ends. Bellami extensions are made out of natural human hair, which can split over time.
- Avoid exposing the extensions to excessive heat, such as from hot tools, as it can damage the keratin bond.
- Don’t forget to schedule your regular maintenance appointments, and to have the extensions professionally removed to avoid damaging the natural hair.
It's important to note that not everyone is a good candidate for keratin hair extensions, and a trained extension artist should assess your hair to determine if they are suitable for you. Give us a call or head to our website to book your Extension Consultation today!